Come grow along with a team that cares about people, including YOU!
Unique opportunity for skilled tradespeople looking for challenging work and professional advancement. DiStefano Brothers Construction, Inc. is looking for the right people to grow its Design-Build division throughout Rhode Island.
We’ll provide you with work on a variety of projects from complete kitchens and bathrooms to decks, additions, accessory structures, and whole house remodels. Work includes transforming homes for discerning clients according to well-designed plans using professionally sourced products and services. If you enjoy the rewarding feeling of working with a dedicated team to produce quality results that delight customers, this is the perfect position for you!
Great opportunity for self-employed carpenters to eliminate the worries over liability insurance, selling the next job, or finding a reliable crew. Typical schedule is Monday through Friday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm with opportunities for overtime as needed.
- Follow all safety protocols as outlined by company & on-site supervisor
- Job site set-up and break down including site protection & safety equipment
- Maintaining a clean and safe job site throughout the day
- Performs carpentry tasks assigned by Lead Carpenter and/or Site Superintendent in accordance with specs & blueprints provided including: plumb, level, square & straight framing of basic walls, floors and ceilings, floor underlayment and subfloor, and strapping
- Prep of fire block, caulk, hangers and hardware, prep and flashing of windows and doors, insulation including wall board
- Finish installation of baseboard, cabinetry and cabinet hardware, standard door and window hardware, standard interior trim on windows, doors and baseboard
- Install exterior house wrap & flashing, asphalt shingles, standard exterior trim, standard windows & doors, install shingle, clapboard and vinyl siding
- Possess and maintain all hand tools (except those for specialty use) as well as personal protective equipment
- Safely and proficiently operate all power tools
- Safely operate truck, van, dump trailer
- Provide direction and training to Journeymen and Apprentices
- Completing all required technology tasks including accurate time tracking, reading and responding to intercompany emails and coConstruct updates
Core Behaviors Required
- Effective communicator
- Teamwork focused with a positive, friendly attitude
- Efficient time management
- Flexible and adaptable
- Problem-solving initiative
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on carpentry experience is required
- Valid Driver’s License, clean driving record and a reliable vehicle are required
- Above average technical ability with an eagerness to learn
- Residential construction experience preferred
- OSHA 10 certification preferred
We’re a safety conscious company, so you must be able to safely:
- lift and carry 100+ lbs
- ability to climb ladders & scaffolding
- kneel and bend repeatedly
- operate tools, machines & equipment
- Medical coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Company Sponsored Life Insurance
- Safe & Sick Leave and Holidays
- Full Time/Year Round Work
- Professional development
Please apply soon for interviewing opportunities!
After submitting your application, please be sure to monitor your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.
*DiStefano Brothers is an equal opportunity employer, subject to the RI Workers Compensation Act and prohibits smoking in all enclosed facilities in the workplace.